Friday, November 7, 2008

Bye bye, George

While large corners of the world are busy celebrating Obama's presidential victory there will be some people feeling slightly deflated to see George Bush step down as US president. Over the past eight years Bush has provided us with endless amusement as a result of his faux pas or ‘Bushisms' as they've been dubbed. Here are some of them:

"Those who enter the country illegally violate the law." - Nov. 28, 2005

"We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans." - Sept. 6, 2000

"I think we agree, the past is over." - May 10, 2000

"I want everybody to hear loud and clear that I'm going to be the president of everybody." - Jan. 18, 2001

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." - Jan. 3, 2000

"I just want you to know that when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." - June 18, 2002

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein." - May 25, 2004

"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again." - Sept. 17, 2002

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." - Sept. 29, 2000


"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" - Jan. 11, 2000

"It is white" — after being asked by a child in Britain what the White House was like. - July 19, 2001


"They misunderestimated me." - Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - Aug. 5, 2004



No comments: